Re: Multiple plotting windows and subplots

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Multiple plotting windows and subplots
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 14:01:56 -0500

On 14-Oct-1996, Vinayak Dutt <address@hidden> wrote:

: I don't know if gnuplot 3.5 supports multiple windows for X11 display, but
: gnuplot 3.6 does. To switch beteween multiple windows, use command
:
: set term x11 <n>
:
: where <n> is the display number index starting from 0. So one can have
: multiple displays active at the same time.

There is a figure() function in my current sources that is a wrapper
for this new gnuplot feature.  Also, Vinayak's multiplot M-files will
be included in the next release.

In the long term (version 2.x, x > 0) I would like to make it easy to
use different plotting packages.  If anyone is interested in working
on this, send me some mail.

Thanks,

jwe