Fed Batch Fermentation modeling and control

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Fed Batch Fermentation modeling and control
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 22:37:05 -0500

On  7-Sep-1996, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

: There is a modeling and control competition about a fermentation process
: organized by University of Westminster UK. Has anybody participated on
: this list? I am just wondering if Octave can do the job. It requires to
: control a plant in C (scrambled source code given). Yes the controller
: can be disigned in C too but it is easier to do it in octave if
: possible.

It should be possible.  If you are using Octave on a system that
supports GNU dld you may be able to convert the plant subroutine into
a function that can be loaded at run time.  Otherwise, you could
always re-link Octave with a function that calls the plant subroutine.
(I realize that this is not an ideal solution, but it should work.)

In the next release, Octave will support dynamic linking on more
systems, so this should be easier.

Sorry, I still don't know when the next release will be ready (but I
am working on it!).

jwe