benchmark 1.3

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: benchmark 1.3
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 96 11:27 MET

As Rick Niles <address@hidden> pointed out there is a bug
in benchmark 1.3 which sometimes causes a division by zero on slowest
machines.  The patch sent by Matthias Roessler
<address@hidden> fixes this.

I am collecting the results that many of you are sending to me and to
the list.  I'll collect and post them when I have some.

I'll also apply some suggestions to the source of benchmark, and
probably we'll use Sparc 10 as a reference, as Rick Niles points out
that it is the machine used as a reference for the Spec95 numbers, and
he has access to one.

--
Francesco Potorti`                  Voice:    +39-50-593203
Satellite Network Group             Operator: +39-50-593111