Benchmark for octave

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Benchmark for octave
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 96 11:29 MET

   In any case, the question was, how to tell what kind of Alpha you
   have.  If you are using OSF/1, probably the simplest thing to do is to
   look in /var/adm/messages.

/var/adm/messagesis readable by root only, and it is 250KB...  Anyway,
I spoke with the admin, and it turns out it is a 2100 with four
processors and shared memory.

On a system like this (which is almost always heavily loaded) using
tic and toc instead of cputime makes no sense.  Anyway, I could modify
the bm.m script in order to use clock instead of cputime if the latter
is not available.  What does cputime do on systems where it does not
work?

--
Francesco Potorti`                  Voice:    +39-50-593203
Satellite Network Group             Operator: +39-50-593111