Slow performance on Linux

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Slow performance on Linux
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 19:14:19 -0600

Francesco Potorti` <address@hidden> wrote:

: Don't know.  I use it on the net.  I wanted to ask the admin, but I
: cannot find him.  I do I know?

[I'm not sure what happened to this message -- majordomo bounced it to
me for approval, then it was chopped when I approved it.  Hmm.  --jwe]

In any case, the question was, how to tell what kind of Alpha you
have.  If you are using OSF/1, probably the simplest thing to do is to
look in /var/adm/messages.  On my system, it contains the following
line:

  Jun 28 16:32:03 bevo vmunix: AlphaStation 250 4/266 system

plus some other interesting stuff about memory and what other devices
are available.

jwe