cputime on a SunOS-5.5 machine

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: cputime on a SunOS-5.5 machine
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 96 14:41 MET

   a = getrusage;
   error: value on right hand side of assignment is undefined
   error: evaluating assignment expression near line 12, column 3

There is no getrusage on my octave on alpha.  What were you trying to
do?

   This may be a problem since you can't even try to assign anything to
   it.  I think this should probably return the null vector [].  What do
   you think?  Then one could check the length(a) != 0 then say something
   like: "Sorry cputime is not available on this machine."

What has it to do with cputime?

   This a reason why NOT to use "cputime" in the bm.m program.

Is cputime broken on your version of octave?
--
Francesco Potorti`                  Voice:    +39-50-593203
Satellite Network Group             Operator: +39-50-593111