Re: how 'error' command work?

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: how 'error' command work?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 96 13:27:27 CST

error() command is for situations when due to certain errors in processing,
the function has to be aborted.  If you just want to falg users for
some error which is not terminal to the processing, you can display
the warning message through disp() command instead. Use of error() immediately
halts the execution of the function and returns control back to the calling
routine.

Vinayak Dutt

# sorry for too many question but would you mind to answer me this question :)
# When I use Matlab
# this m file
# -------begin of win.m-----
# a=input()
# if(a)
# printf('a is not zero or empty');
# else
# error('a is zero or empty');
# end
# printf('this line will not show');
# -------end of win.m-------
# but in octave if i use this file
# the line 'this line will not show' will appear
# would you mind to give me some suggestion for which commad i should use
# instead of error
# thanks a lot
#
#