Re: Installing Octave

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: Installing Octave
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 95 10:36:29 CDT

#
# I'm trying to install Octave on our system from
# the binary distribution.  Octave appears to
# run OK, but the directory structure I want to
# use is slightly different from what "doinstall.sh" produces.
#
# How do I tell Octave where to look for the info
# files for the command "help -i <topic>"?
#
# Also, the directories
#       lib/octave/1.1.1/exec/host_type

This should have the octtopnm binary (required by the image display routines).

#       lib/octave/1.1.1/imagelib

This should have the default image for display, default.img

Both of these could be found in

lib/octave/1.1.1/m/image

directory. If not check the source code distribution. The octtopnm binary will
have
to compiled from the c file which should be in lib/octave/1.1.1/m/image.

--vinayak-
/*
 * vinayak dutt
 * ex-graduate student, ultrasound research
 * mayo graduate school, rochester mn
 *
 * e-mail: address@hidden
 *         address@hidden