Save/save_precision problem ?

From: John Eaton
Subject: Save/save_precision problem ?
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 22:24:43 -0500

Joao Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:

: There seems to exist a problem with the save command with the -ascii option,
: the save_precision option and (eventually) printf.

I think this is just showing that the floating point conversion
routines on your system are not perfect and that they start `making
up' digits once there is no more information (I'd probably call that a
bug, but maybe the designer(s) of these conversion algorithms had some
reason for doing things this way).

In any case, I've reduced the default save_precision to 15 for the
next release.

Thanks,

jwe