Problem with dld linking.

From: osiris
Subject: Problem with dld linking.
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 16:04:48 -0500

I just got octave compiled and running on a Linux machine.  I used the
dld options including the lite-kernel option.  The dld version is
3.2.6 (debian package) However, the dynamic linking does not seem to
be functioning at all:

] octave
Octave, version 1.1.1.
Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 John W. Eaton.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details, type `warranty'.

octave:1> xxx=rand(2,3)
error: failed to link library /usr/local/lib/liboctdld.a
error: unable to load builtin function rand
error: evaluating index expression near line 1, column 5
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 1, column 4
octave:2>

I checked, and the library is there:

] ls -l /usr/local/lib liboctdld.a
-rw-r--r--   1 root     staff      243472 Sep 20 14:20 liboctdld.a

Thanks in advance,

--Rob.