Octave /tmp files

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Octave /tmp files
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 22:56:44 +0200 (BST)

Hi Folks,

I have been doing a big job with octave with gnuplot as the graphics
engine (spectra etc of over 500 time series) as a batch job.

Whenever octave plots somethiing, it creates a file /tmp/oct-[something],
and this may be quite large. It seems that octave does not delete these
files until octave exits.

In this job, these /tmp files were building up to over 50MB unless the job
was paused from time to time for them to be deleted extraneously.

Granted the most recent file could be needed for "replot": but even "clg"
does not delete any of them.

I think it is desirable that some garbage collection should be available
for these files. Previous ones don't seem to be of the slightest use once
a new plot has been started.

Ted.                                    (address@hidden)