Re: octave <-> gnuplot

From: niles
Subject: Re: octave <-> gnuplot
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 95 16:16:36 -0400

>How does octave know where to find my gnuplot 3.5?

It checks your path. (I think.)

>Where do I have to install it?

Either /usr/local/bin or (for Linux) /usr/bin would be the logical
place.

>Is there something like octave FAQ?

Yes.  I think there is something like that in the distribution.
But not one that is updated anymore often than the source.

Also, I suggest getting the current beta version from
cmpc1.phys.soton.ac.uk and make sure you apply any current patches.
This latest beta fixed many annoying problems with 3.5, like arbitary
line lengths that limit the number of squiggles of a particular plot
and it implements multiplot, from which you can do subplotting like
that other program M*lab.

        Good Luck.
        Rick Niles.