Re: Performance: Octave vs. Matlab

From: Klaus Gebhardt
Subject: Re: Performance: Octave vs. Matlab
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 03:01:37 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

: A few days ago, I got an OS/2 version of octave 1.1 and it was quite
: good.

Thank you.

: However, after giving a few tests, I found it very slower than
: Matlab for Windows.  About 3 times slower on a P90.  I failed to find
: a doc that mentioned about performance issue to see if I could boost
: Octave's performance.

Which test? If you tell me, how you have tested the performance, i can
look what's going on. Also informations about the results of this test and
your system (CPU, RAM, video, ...) are useful.

: (I suspect that the OS/2 port might not be optimized when compiling.)

It is optimized using -O.

Klaus Gebhardt
address@hidden