Re: Polar plots Matlab vs Octave/Gnuplot?

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: Polar plots Matlab vs Octave/Gnuplot?
Date: Tue, 02 May 95 16:43:37 EDT

John Utz <address@hidden> wrote:

: I wrote:
:
: > There is no way to control the aspect ratio of plots made with
: > gnuplot, so you probably won't have much luck getting a circle.
:
: ummm how about set size 0.8, 1.0 ?

I don't think that is necessarily going to guarantee an aspect ratio
of 1 on all output devices.

: > I also don't know if you can make it draw a polar grid for you (unless
: > you want to specify all of the grid lines yourself).
:
: umm set grid does the trick

Aha.  But it doesn't seem to work to say `grid ("on")'.  I guess
someone should fix that :-O.

jwe