problems compiling 1.1.1 under hpux9.03

From: SANDS
Subject: problems compiling 1.1.1 under hpux9.03
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 10:32:33 -0400 (EDT)

I'm having troubles getting octave 1.1.1 to compile on our HP 7xx
running hpux9.03. I go through the same motions that normally
work on sparcs and the decstation but the build seems to get stuck
during the liboctave part. In particular it keeps making the .d files
from the .cc files over and over and over.

I'm using gnu make 3.7 and gcc 2.6.3 with libg++2.6.1. I can send other
information but these machines are not on the network so it's non-trivial
to do so.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
Scott Sands