Re: Plotting...

From: Tony Roberts
Subject: Re: Plotting...
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 95 09:16:02 EST

> are fixes to gnuplot. The two tools could be improved independently. Also one
> is not
> just limited to gnuplot, any tool which does the job could be used. All
> graphics tools
> have pluses and minuses, and so it would be certainly beneficial to have
> ability to
> pick the graphics tool according to the requirments.

I generally support this principle.  For example, I like using xgraph
to prepare 2D plots (so I wrote a plotting function xgraph.m to prepare
a datafile and then pass it to xgraph).  On my travels I have found it
easier to take xgraph around "with" me, rather than to hassle system
administrators to install gnuplot properly.
                                        Tony
  Professor A.J. Roberts
  Dept of Mathematics & Computing      E-mail: address@hidden
  University of Southern Queensland    Phone:  (076) 312943
  Toowoomba, Queensland 4350           Fax:    (076) 312721
  AUSTRALIA                            WWW:    ftp://ftp.usq.edu.au/pub/aroberts