Re: PGPLOT with Octave?

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: PGPLOT with Octave?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 95 16:15:00 CST

John Eaton writes:
#Improved plotting is something that is definitely on the list for 1.2
#though I can't promise when it will be ready to be released.
#
#Comments and other suggestions welcome.
#

This plotting stuff reminds me if there is any possibility of opening pipes in
octave
in coming releases. Then one to open a pipe to any arbitary plotting program
and send and receive commands to it.
This way one could just write scripts (.m files) to interface
to any plotting program including gnuplot. Also this would mean that gnuplot
interface
does not have to be built into the binary itself.

--vinayak-
/*
 * vinayak dutt
 * graduate student, ultrasound research