Use of Octave

From: John Travis
Subject: Use of Octave
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 94 14:21:23 CST

Howdy,

Octave is up and running successfully for me.  Thanks for the
software.  It should help us very much.

I do have a question about managing mfiles.  I have several
MATLAB mfiles that I have moved over and want to use with
OCTAVE.  Is there an "environment variable" or such that will
tell OCTAVE where to look for these files.  I would rather
keep my various mfiles in their own subdirectories instead
of crowding all into one.

Thanks for your help.  BTW, we are running OCTAVE on an HP9000.
For me, it is a BIG improvement over using my DOS 386 machine!

John