Re: How to save workspace in binary?

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: How to save workspace in binary?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 94 00:35:11 CST

address@hidden (Chuck Henkel) wrote:

: How do I save a copy of my workspace in binary format? "save foo.mat"
: creates an ascii file.

There is currently no way to save data in a binary format with Octave.

Someone has already written the C-style binary read/write functions
fread() and fwrite(), but I haven't installed them because I am
waiting for papers for the changes.

If anyone is interested in doing the work to make save and load work
with binary data, please send me a message.

Thanks,

jwe