Octave on DOS

From: Byron Newberry
Subject: Octave on DOS
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 94 18:46:05 -0500

I realize this may be a stupid question, but is it possible to compile
octave to run on an 8088 DOS machine.  I currently have an old version
of matlab running on my XY (with math-co).  However, it is very outdated
and we have started using octave at my school lab ( on NeXT machines ).
Is it even worth my time to try to make this work on my XT or are
there obvious barriers that can not be overcome.

                                        Thanks,

                                        Byron N.