Problems installing octave

From: Pedro Bulach Gapski
Subject: Problems installing octave
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 93 10:19:30 BSC

Octave users,
        I'm trying to compile octave on a Sun4 SunOS 4.1.1 with GNU
gcc-2.4.5 and GNU make, and I do have lots of problems with the
Makefiles included in the distribution. In various directories of the
distribution GNU make does not use the correct flags, does not find
the needed include files, and even does not use the right compiler.
I have heard of other people who have had the same kind of trouble.
Is there some Makefile "patch" available or the only way out is to
change all the Makefiles?
        If somebody has had a similar problem and has a solution,
I'd like to hear about it.
                        Thanks.
                                Pedro Bulach Gapski
                                address@hidden