Learning About Hurd Graphic Interfaces

From: TheFlameParadox
Subject: Learning About Hurd Graphic Interfaces
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 02:58:00 +0200

Hi ,

my name is Busso Andrea and i wrote this email to this mailing list because i m really interested about writing programs for Hurd.

I searched in the Hurd documentation and i tried googling online but i didn t  find something about what i want to know of Hurd.

I know that in linux i can access the video card memory using the framebuffer (/dev/fbdev) or using DRM, but i can t understand how can i access the graphic card using hurd.

I want to write a program having the entire screen in my control , every pixel, so what can i use to do this on Hurd ?

Had i to access a translator using a file system node that manage the video cards ? Or maybe there isn't any video card manager translator and i have to access directly to the graphic card memory using a generic device access translator ?

I will be very glad to any reply i will receive and i apologize if this isn't the right place to ask.

Regards,

Busso Andrea, a Hurd appreciator