Re: Future Direction of GNU Hurd?

From: arnuld
Subject: Re: Future Direction of GNU Hurd?
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 19:18:52 +0530

> On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 7:05 PM
> Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab@web.de> wrote:

> .. SNIP..
> If anything, the past decade has shown that the features the Hurd
> provides make it much easier to implement very compelling features.

This is definitely true. You got it right. I have been around the GNU
and Hurd community long to understand this. Design and architecture of
Hurd is what made this possible. I was so sad that Hurd could not go
mainstream but life is always unpredictable. Even Linus Torvalds
himself did not know that he would be using GNU software, and much
less that he will be releasing a kernel named Freaks and then rename
it to Linux.

--
Regards,
ARNULD