Re: Issues cross-compiling hurd

From: Nathan Dehnel
Subject: Re: Issues cross-compiling hurd
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 15:40:11 -0500

I used the default sources set by cross-hurd in vars.sh: https://github.com/flavioc/cross-hurd

>The issue is with the header, not the library, so it'd rather be a -I.
It doesn't seem to work. Which directory do I include? /usr/include? ./glibc/libpthread/sysdeps/pthread/bits? ./glibc/libpthread/sysdeps/generic/? You're referring to CFLAGS="-I/directory" ./configure, correct?

>But libpthread is supposed to be provided by glibc itself actually, by
using the hurd libpthread repo and adding it as an add-on.
libpthread appears to be in the glibc directory, and is getting passed to configure.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 7:59 PM Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@gnu.org> wrote:
Hello,

Nathan Dehnel, le lun. 16 juil. 2018 18:57:18 -0500, a ecrit:
> I am trying to compile hurd with cross-hurd, and I get this compilation error:

Which source are you taking exactly?

> ../include/pthread.h:1:26: fatal error: pthread.h: No such file or directory
>  #include_next <pthread.h>
>                           ^
> compilation terminated.
>
> I tried running ./configure LIBS=-lpthread and setting LIBS += -lpthread in
> configparms, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

The issue is with the header, not the library, so it'd rather be a -I.
But libpthread is supposed to be provided by glibc itself actually, by
using the hurd libpthread repo and adding it as an add-on.

Samuel