Re: Status of DDE and e1000e driver

From: Svante Signell
Subject: Re: Status of DDE and e1000e driver
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:31:05 +0100

On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 13:15 +0100, Johan Svensson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new user of GNU/Hurd and this is my first mail to this list. In case
> this is wrong forum for my question I want to beg for apology.

This list is a low-traffic list. I would recommend bug-hurd and
debian-hurd for Debian specific issues.

> I have installed GNU/Hurd (the Debian distribution) natively on my ThinkPad
> T60p. All is working well, save the network interface. It is an Intel
> 10/100/1000 interface on the PCI Express bus. It is supported in Linux
> using the e1000e driver.

Nice to know that the installation went well. Regarding the network
interface, see below. There are some Linux 2.0 NICs supported, but I
don't remember which ones. In kvm/qemu I use rtl8139 which works fine.

> Will it be possible at all to make this work with Hurd, via the DDE
> project? Is the DDE project maintained and actively developed? Can I
> provide details about the hardware to help the development?

I think the Arch Hurd people are only people using DDE until now, you
can try at #archhurd. For Debian or GNU not much is happening.