Re: Paying developers? (was: It may sound stupid...)

From: Tanguy LE CARROUR
Subject: Re: Paying developers? (was: It may sound stupid...)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:14:32 +0200

Hi!

2011/3/30 <olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net>
First of all, I'm glad you want to help :-)
And still willing to!

Unfortunately, people making such offers tend to underestimate the cost
of software development. It would take a *lot* of donations, [...], as the FSF is the legal entity behind GNU projects
-- but the FSF refuses to take donations for actual software development
I can see clearly now the... *EUH*...  thanks for your answer. It all makes sense! ... unfortunately! :-(
I'll keep working on the FSF side of the problem.

As soon as I have some time again I'll start working on porting some packages that I am familiar with, and maybe work on web site related stuff (doc, design...).

Cheers,
Tanguy

PS : Money will still be available if someone finds a way to use it for development! :-D