Re: panic during boot

From: Allan McRae
Subject: Re: panic during boot
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:57:03 +1000

Samuel Thibault wrote:
Allan McRae, le Fri 15 Jan 2010 02:10:40 +1000, a écrit :
start /hurd/ext2fs.static: panic: thread_invoke: thread 8005fb0 has unexpected state 14

Uh, that's very early in the boot process.

Any suggestions to try before I attempt debugging this? As far as I understand, I should download a working image (from Debian I suppose) then try booting mine up in a subhurd. Am I on the right track?

I'd first try to use the ext2fs.static as a simple translator, since at
that point, only that is booted.

From sending the results of this (accidentally off-list), Samuel noticed that I had not used that patches floating around for TLS support for hurd and libthread. Once I had applied the patches from the tls branches in git (need slight adjusting for libpthread), my ext2fs.static runs find under the Debian qemu image.

Now I am running into another panic due to superblock size in the qemu image I have made... but I feel I am getting closer to a booting system!

Allan