Re: Why did not my Hurd boot?

From: root
Subject: Re: Why did not my Hurd boot?
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:19:39 +0800

在 2007-03-22四的 21:02 +0200,Constantine Kousoulos写道:
> Did you use one of Debian's CDs to install Hurd? I hope you
> followed the installation instructions
> (http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install) accurately.
    At first i downloaded the file "debian-K14-hurd-i386-CD1.iso" and
burned  a CD of this file.But when I use this CD to boot and install the
Hurd, it could not partition my disk (step 2)--it thought there are some
errors in my disk partition table,but other steps gone well.Reboot the
system and go to the grub shell,i wrote instructions downstairs,but it
did not work.
   Then i removed those files and directories in Hurd
partition,downloaded a file which contains "gnumach.gz".I extracted the
file gnumach.gz to my Hurd partition and did the same thing as above,the
result was same too.

> >     The content in the file /boot/grub/menu.lst about the Hurd  is :
> > "title              Debian GNU/Hurd
> > root                (hd0,3)
> > kernel              /boot/gnumach.gz root=device:hd0s4 -s
> > module              /hurd/ext2fs.static --multiboot-command-line=
> > ${kernel-command-line} --host-priv-port=${host-port}
> > --device-master-port=${device-port} --exec-server-task=${exec-task} -T
> > typed ${root} $(task-create) $(task-resume)
> > module              /lib/ld.so.1 /hurd/exec $(exec-task=task-create)
> > boot"
>
> It looks ok.
But it did not work really, there were no error messages,it just hung.So
i could do nothing but rebooted the computer.The situation was described
in my last letter.

> >     My cpu is CD 320 2.4G;
>
> I didn't understand. Is your cpu an intel or amd product?

    IN my wors,  "CD" is the abbreviation of Cerlon D,of course it is an
Intel CPU, I am  sorry to  say  that .