kernel debugger

From: Constantine Kousoulos
Subject: kernel debugger
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:16:02 +0300

Hello everybody!

At first, i tried installing debian-gnu-hurd-current.tar.gz on my amd-based notebook. That effort failed to even boot hurd for the first time. So i compiled GNU Mach only with ide drivers and the kernel debugger options enabled. That failed booting too. After loading all the modules, at boot time, the following message appeared:

start /hurd/ext2fs.static: kernel General protection trap, eip 0x15b272
kernel: General protection (13), code=23b
stopped at 0x15b272: ret
db>

At least the debugger works!

Does anybody have a suggestion where/how i should start looking for the root of the problem?

Do you think i should better find a pentium-based computer to hack hurd to avoid an endless series of incompatibility problems with my amd notebook?

Best regards,
Constantine

http://www.freemail.gr - δωρεάν υπηρεσία ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου.