Re: Getting started...

From: Manuel Menal
Subject: Re: Getting started...
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:08:57 +0100

L.U.G.Sa.M. L.U.G.Sa.M. wrote:
2006/2/10, KiyuKo <eof@kiyuko.org>:

"L.U.G.Sa.M. L.U.G.Sa.M." <lugsam@gmail.com> wrote:

Long ago, i heard about Hurd. I_ve been using free software
operating systems for a long time, almost 4 years. Well, now i
want to use Hurd, but does not know where to start from. I know
it is difffrent from linux. So i will need your help for starting
using it.

Before starting using it, you'll probably want to install it.
Download the installation CDs from http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd
and follow the installation instructions at
http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install to have a working
GNU/Hurd installation.

Thanks KiyuKo, i read Hurd cant´t mount filesystems larger than 1Gb

Wrong. This was fixed ages ago.

and only mounts ext2 filesystems. Is that true?

The latter is true. Well, of course you can also mount ext3 read-only
(as ext2) and FAT, but for "real use" (e.g. for /), there is only ext2,
yes.

Ciao,

--
Manuel Menal