Re: Problem with K10 under QEMU

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Problem with K10 under QEMU
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:37:51 +0100

Scribit shinichi okuyama dies 06/12/2005 hora 23:43:
> > $ qemu -hda hd0 -boot c -k fr
> Isn't GRUB necessary?

Yes it is! I didn't pay attention to the fact that the installer doesn't
install GRUB or any bootloader.

> $ qemu -fda grub_0.94 -hda hd0 -boot a -serial stdio -isa -k fr

I used the GRUB bootable ISO, and it quite worked. In fact, because I
was unable to make my own ISO  (I made one, but GRUb doesn't go to the
the list I made in menu.slt, and give me a shell instead, and I don't
know GRUB enough...), I had to reinstall Hurd according to the
partitions where the ISO tries to boot Hurd.

And it works. I have a running Hurd, at last.

Thanks!

Quickly,
Nowhere man
--