Re: 24 lines terminal

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: 24 lines terminal
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:35:42 +0200

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 02:25:30AM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    However, this cannot be changed at a whim, even more so as the next
>    stable release of Debian is approaching and glibc has been frozen
>    since the end of July :(
>
> Upload a new one to the usual dump spot.  Thats what the dump spot
> should be used for anyway...

As we really only want to put packages on ftp.d.o which are
self-consistent (i.e. built without the need of ftp.gnuab.org), this
would essentially stall ftp.d.o and mean putting everything on
ftp.gnuab.org. The current packages seem to mostly work from an end-user
perspective, so I think it is better to not upload hacked (as in
non-prestine Debian source package) glibc packages to ftp.gnuab.org.

> Lucky you, I only hosed the only GNU/Hurd box I consider sane enough
> to hack on; and I only have remote access to it!

I just installed Debian GNU/Hurd on my parent's 1.8 GHz P4, so hopefully
I will be able to test this until they come back from their vacation...

>    Having the changeset for the fix would be even better and highly
>    appreciated.
>
> If you could tell me from what date the Debian hacked glibc then I can
> look around a bit if time permits.

I know you like tackling big tasks *g*, so here is the last changelog
entry:

2003-09-19  Ulrich Drepper  <drepper@redhat.com>

        * elf/Makefile ($(objpfx)librtld.os): Create link map also for
        final build to ease quality control.

        * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/getcwd.c (__getcwd): If compiled for
        ld.so, don't include NULL buffer pointer handling.

This was the date of the last complete sync with CVS. Various bits have
been pulled from CVS since then in order to fix bugs, though. If you
tell me what to look for, I can check in the Debian source package
(the diff is at
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/glibc/glibc_2.3.2.ds1-16.diff.gz
)

cheers,