Re: Hurd Sourcecode Cross Reference online again

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: Re: Hurd Sourcecode Cross Reference online again
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:50:31 +0200

Marco Gerards wrote:

Patrick Strasser <past@sbox.tugraz.at> writes:

The HSCR is oline again after some trouble with the server. Search is
not available, but is worked on.

I'm sorry to say, but things are not good as they seemed before:
To save space I let GLOBAL gzip all pages, saving 500 MB. Unfortunately I can't set the content handler, so what you'll see is gzipped html. Doesn't look really nice :-(. Problems should be solved this week, you know, Really Soon.

Currently we have
mig
hurd
gnumach
libc

Each is HEAD from CVS. Last update was 2004-01-22.
Which Gnumach is now HEAD? traditional or OSKit?
Would OSKit be helpful? Which version, where to get one?
Moreover: What about Hurd/L4? Should it be included?

oskit is head, but having the gnumach-1-branch as well seems useful,
if this is possible.

When 2 files with the same symbols are present, you get an extra page with links to both of them for every symbol you want to go to. That is quite annoying. I don't want to do this because it reduces usablility drastically. Another way would be to setup a parallel GLOBAL, but that would take with everything duplicated another 500 MB. Third, I could setup a GLOBAL with gnumach1 alone, losing the "cross" part for gnumach1.

I prefer to put only 1 gnumach in.

Having hurd-l4 and fabrica (both modules in CVS) would be nice.
Lately a lot is happening there.

I thought so ...

Patrick
--
Engineers motto:  | Patrick Strasser
[ ] cheap         | <past at sbox dot tugraz dot at>