Re: Mouse with XFree86

From: Emmanuel DUMAS
Subject: Re: Mouse with XFree86
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 10:51:20 +0100

Le Vendredi 5 Mars 2004 22:06, Marco Gerards a écrit :
> Emmanuel DUMAS <emmanuel.dumas@free.fr> writes:
> >>    InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"     "CorePointer"
> >
> > nothing more, X start, but I can't move my pointer :(
>
> Which mouse do you have?  you could try another protocol, like
> microsoft or logitech.
>
> Did  start before you did this?

I had use XFree86 with this mouse a long time ago with debian GNU/Hurd G1, I
had used protocol ps/2.

Now with K5, I've try ps/2, microsoft, logitech, but any protocol work.

> What is the output of "showtrans /hurd/mouse"?

For all protocol, nothing :

$ showtrans /hurd/mouse
$

> > I have not found yet source code of mouse translator, is-it in hurd
> > source or is it an other package ?
>
> It is in the sourcecode of the debian package of the Hurd, but it is
> not in CVS.

I'm not expert in debian packaging system, is-it easy to extract this source
code from CD K5 ?
I've have found a file hurd.tgz, but it don't contain any file mouse.* .

Cordialement

Emmanuel