Re: Mouse with XFree86

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Mouse with XFree86
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:38:16 +0100

Emmanuel DUMAS <emmanuel.dumas@free.fr> writes:

Hi,

> Now X start correctly, except mouse, I see the pointer, but it don't move.
>
> According documentation, I have set my mouse with :
> settrans -c /dev/mouse /hurd/mouse --protocol=ps/2
> ( warning : at http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install, there is no
> '-c')

This is correct.  Could you try this as well:
settrans -acpg /dev/mouse /hurd/mouse --protocol=ps/2

Please report it if this gives you an error.  If so, please check if
/hurd/mouse exists.

> I have edit by hand /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 :
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "CorePointer"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "osmouse"
> EndSection

This is what I have:

Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier  "Mouse1"
   Driver      "mouse"
   Option      "Protocol"      "osmouse"
   Option      "Device"        "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

And in the "ServerLayout" section:
    InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"

Do you have this in the InputDevice section?

--
Marco