Re: status of hurd on PPC?

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: status of hurd on PPC?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:06:51 +0100

Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> writes:

> I looked in the archives of this list for ppc - wondering if the
> port ever made it into the main branch or if not what else remains
> to be done.

There is quite some work done, but the patches were not committed yet.

It only works on nubus (and perhaps oldworld) macs.  Well, it works on
every PPC you can run mklinux on.

It would be really nice if people were willing to port Mach to the new
world macs.  There were some people working on it, but I do not know
the status of that.

Personally I would be really interested in such port.  At the moment I
am porting GRUB to the PPC, I can help with a port of GNU/Hurd, if it
is not too much work.

--
Marco