Re: sysv init scripts

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: sysv init scripts
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:56:01 +0100 (MET)

elf@land5.nsu.ru (Dmitry V. Zhulanov) schrieb:
> Hi, all!

>         After configure sshd, I thought it will be start automaticaly,
> but seems that /etc/init.d/rc doesn't starting while boot. Manualy
> executing works fine, but automaticaly, I think, will be more
> convenient. Have any idea?

The same careless make install that overwrote /etc/ttys also overwrote
/libexec/rc or whatever.  You really need to check which files you overwrite
and restore them to their Debian default.  This should probably be documented,
or put into a make install-bootstrap or whatever

In the future, please either build yourself a Debian package of the Hurd, or
use make install DESTDIR=... (if that works, otherwise prefix=...) and copy
only the files you need, or use some other strategy that avoids this.

Thanks,
Marcus