Re: NIC problem

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: NIC problem
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:58:17 +0100 (MET)

   i mailed you before about the problem of my NIC card not
   detected.well, here are the contents of the /dev/klog sent you as
   an attachment.

Well, it does seem that it isn't detected at all (whatever the card
you had was).  Have you tried the OSKit version of GNU Mach?  You can
grab it by checking out GNU Mach from the CVS (see
sv.gnu.org/projects/hurd and/or hurd.gnu.org for details).  You will
also need OSKit (see sv.gnu.org/projects/oskit for details).  And
maybe some other tools.

Maybe if someone already has a version of GNU Mach that uses OSKit
avaiable they could put it up for download.  Does anyone have one?

   and the command i used to set up the ip of my machine is

   # settrans -fgap /servers/socket/2 /hurd/pfinet -i eth0 -a 192.168.100.7
   -255.255.255.0

Is this the _exact_ command you typed?  If it is, then it is wrong and
should look like this (if your mail client turncates long lines,
please fix that):

settrans -fgap /servers/socket/2 /hurd/pfinet -i eth0 -a 192.168.100.7 -m
255.255.255.0 -g 192.168.100.1

(assuming that your gateway is 192.168.100.1)