Re: XFree86 configuration problem

From: Angshuman Sarkar
Subject: Re: XFree86 configuration problem
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 12:26:47 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: "Angshuman Sarkar" <ansuman@softhome.net>
To: "Marco Gerards" <metgerards@student.han.nl>
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 8:06 AM

http://web.walfield.org/pub/people/neal/papers/hurd-installation-guide/engli
>sh/hurd-install-guide.html#SEC16
>> > error is unknown device. But /dev/ttys0 and /dev/ttys1 were created
 > > successfully. So I substituted /dev/psaux with /dev/ttys0 and> > >
/dev/input/mice with /dev/stty1 ( hope I wont get FLAMED
 >> > /dev/ttys0 and /dev/psaux are not the same.  Same is true for the> >
mouse if you use the PS/2 port.  And why would one flame you?> >
> > --
> > Marco

 I have read the section. But MAKEDEV does not work with the device name
 "mouse". It says unknown device name. /hurd/mouse is present. As /dev/mouse
 cannot be created, settrans is not working also. Please help me out of
here.

 I also have one problem with "man". I cant see any man pages. Typing man
 gives the error
 "error while loading shared libraries:
 libdb-4.0.so: cannot open shared object file:
 No such file or directory."
 What can solve the problem? I used debian's J2 cd's to install GNU/Hurd.