Re: Please confirm your request to join duygorbil

From: Farid Hajji
Subject: Re: Please confirm your request to join duygorbil
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:48:31 +0200 (CEST)

> > http://www.paganini.net/ask/
>
> In a word: great.
>
> Two questions:
>
>  - does this have a mechanism to prevent infinite mail loops? I.e: when
>    you recieve mail from a mailing on which you're subscribed, you will
>    recieve your own confirmation messages.

AFAIK, ASK doesn't reply to its own confirmation request, but would instead
deliver those requests directly to your mail box. Cum grano salis: I'm not
using ASK extensively enough to know for sure :)

Users who subscribe to a mailing list, are supposed to add that list
to their whitelist before activating ASK.

>  - is GNU mailman able to use this software as an extension? if it isn't
>    i'll contact the mailman maintainers promptly.
I don't know. ASK maintainers may know more...

--
Farid Hajji. http://www.farid-hajji.net/address.html