Re: GnuMACH considerations

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: GnuMACH considerations
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:36:05 +0000

Hi Daniele,
 I'm no authority on GNU Mach but here's what I think
is the answers.

I don't think GNU Mach has any idea of what files
are, so it don't think it exports a file struct.

I do know that there is a common communication
protocol for translators (as well as non-'translator' Hurd
servers), the inter-process communication protocol
is "Mach IPC".

I don't know if there is a common API specifically for
translators, it would make sense.  I think APIs are
exported at compile time using 'Mig' (Mach Interface
Generator).

On reflection, I don't really know much would count
as answers to your questions...  :)

I hope some of this info was useful anyway.
Ciaran O'Riordan