Re: Debian-Gentoo collaboration on GNU/Hurd ports

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Debian-Gentoo collaboration on GNU/Hurd ports
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:46:25 +0100

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 01:45:30PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 01:33:31PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> > fine! i still like having a separate list of api-porting-related bugs in
> > debian BTS, but as Marcus said Savannah is the canonical place.
>
> I hope you aer talking about bugs in the Hurd and GNU Mach (and MiG, and
> whatever other components we come up with).

I'm mostly talking about the Hurd (for the libraries) and Glibc

> This depends.  If it is a genuine bug in the latest CVS (and are prepared to
> deal with any responses from the hackers), you can try libc-alpha.  Otherwise
> you should use the Debian BTS.

Using the Debian BTS seems the simplest option as of now. what do the Gentoo
people think about it?

> tags for bug reports will be created when I (or some other hacker) feel the
> need for it.  How and which tags are created follows an undocumented pattern
> that only exists in my head (and even there only vaguely).

I just meant putting an agreed string in the bug description heard, like
"[porting]" or the like.

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide