Re: Gentoo GNU/Hurd

From: Eric Sandall
Subject: Re: Gentoo GNU/Hurd
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:59:54 -0800 (PST)

Colin JN Breame said:
> It seems that Gentoo are considering producing a GNU/Hurd distribution.
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=41939
>
> Colin

As is Source Mage (http://www.sourcemage.org/)  (Personal site with info
on the HURD port http://smgl.sandall.us/projects.html), though it will
probably go slower than Gentoo, as I only know of one other besides myself
who's interested.  Plus I'm currently working on a SPARC port, which has
higher priority for me, but once I get that, HURD is my next one, though
I'd prefere to wait until the move to L4 is complete it couldn't hurt to
start now.  :)

-Sandalle

--
PGP Key 0x5C8D199A5A317214
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5A317214

Eric Sandall                     |  Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
eric@sandall.us                  |  http://www.sourcemage.org/
http://eric.sandall.us/          |  SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU
http://counter.li.org/  #196285  |  http://www.shock.wsu.edu/