Re: Netfs doc, examples ?

From: M. Gerards
Subject: Re: Netfs doc, examples ?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:25:29 +0100

Citeren "O. Matt" <init64@kodee.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pretty new to Hurd and I'm looking for some documentation on how to
> program with Netfs. Is there some documentation ? Or do I just have to
> read hostmux's source code for an example ?

As far as I know there is (unfortunately) no real documentation about netfs. I
think you can better read some sourcecode. There are some translators that use
netfs included with the Hurd (nfs, ftpfs, usermux and hostmux). There are also
some translators that are not included with the Hurd (yet?). One good example
of a netfs translator is netio, written by Moritz.

The best "documentation" about netfs is its sourcecode and especially netfs.h,
all interfaces and datastructures are described here.