Re: GNU/Hurd User's Guide

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd User's Guide
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 11:44:56 +0100

   Isn't it even better to include both? If we say, "More information
   is available via info gcc.", then the information is only available
   to users of GNU systems, which means we're preaching to the choir.

Instead of telling the user to run info on a specific document, use
the @xref command to produce an reference to another node.  You can
read about it in (texinfo)Cross Reference Parts.

   Also, many people have access to non-UNIXish computers via work or
   school (I know I do, I first learned about the Hurd using an NT
   box), so including a hyperlink can be quite helpful.

When converting texinfo pages to .html pages, reference nodes get
converted to URL's that the user can click on.