Re: GNU/Hurd User's Guide

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd User's Guide
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 06:12:33 -0800 (PST)

--- "Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> wrote:
>    The guide covers installation, the shell, basic *NIX/Hurd commands
>    and concepts, PC hardware basics, finding more information, and an
>    introduction to the skills a new user will need in order to
>    contribute.
>
> Isn't the installation covered by Neal's guide? And the shell covered
> by the Bash manual?  Maybe this could be made into an general document
> about learning about the GNU system, I don't think such a guide
> exists.

 That's what it is.  It's called a users guide because users should read it.
It's not a manual, it's a guide, so giving some basics on everything probably
doesn't hurt.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2B co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU