Re: failed burning of Hurd-J2-CD2.iso

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: failed burning of Hurd-J2-CD2.iso
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:47:39 +0100

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 06:17:32PM +0100, sigbj-st wrote:
> During an attempt of burning the Hurd-J2-CD2.iso with the command "cdrecord"
> of
> linux,the burner exited with the message that there was insufficient space
> on the CD to finish the burning.The burner first claimed the -overburn flag
> but this did not suffice.I tried also to exclude the -pad flag,but no chance
> whatsoever.

I can't speak for Phil but i think he never builds images that don't fix in
a 74min CD.

Make sure the image size and md5sum match, if they do it's probably a hardware
error or a software bug.

Anyway with only CD 1 you can install a fully working GNU system and update
it through the net, so i wouldn't care much.

--
Robert Millan

"Omnis enim res, quad dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."

"For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is
not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared."

                Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)