Hard Disk Problem

From: Marc Grégoire
Subject: Hard Disk Problem
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:49:28 -0700

Hello

Last night, I re-installed the Hurd using the
tarball method.  During booting, the following
error message appears:

start /hurd/ext2fs.static: hd04: bad access:
block=28, count=2, blockend=30, nr_sects2
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:04, sector 28

I've run fsck on that partition from GNU/Linux,
without detecting any problems.  Is this related
to the file type tag maybe?  I created the
partition using
mke2fs -o hurd /dev/hda2
as instructed by the current version of Neal
Walfield's Install Guide, but I recall that
previously the command was mke2fs -O sparse_super
-o hurd /dev/hda2

Thank-you for all the effort put into developing
a functioning OS based on the Hurd kernel.
Tremendous progress has been made in the last few
of years.

Marc Gregoire

Sign up today for your Free E-mail at: http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeMail