Re: Improving Hurd

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Improving Hurd
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:22:17 +0200

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 04:03:21PM +0200, Jan Atle Ramsli wrote:
> I try to _understand_, I try to find some common ground, what are the
> guidelines, how am I to proceeed?

I have just checked.  From what I have in my mail archive, you asked one
question on bug-hurd in November last year, about what HURD_PORT_USE does in
glibc.  You received three responses, one from me, one from Nils who knows
the Hurd design quite well, and Thomas replied to Nils clarifying it even
further.  This is from the person who started it all.

I wish _I_ would get such a detailed coverage in response to my questions
all the time.

> If the idea of 'strategy' and 'interrupt' sections have been abandoned,
> I want to know: Why?
> What was wrong with them?

I think you are not asking clear questions.  I never heard of these terms
before you mentioned them here, but whatever.  We have a lot of strategy,
and of course we have interrupts.  So, I am very sorry, but I have not the
slightest idea what you are talking about.

How about asking some concrete questions?  If we don't know what you are
worrying about we can not tell you why you don't need to worry!

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de