Re: Status of the Hurd t-shirts

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: Status of the Hurd t-shirts
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:17:44 -0700

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 06:07:56PM +0200, Jan Atle Ramsli wrote:

> > > AOL!

> > AOL!

> > AOL!

> Eh, what does AOL mean?  I see it on some Windows desktops, too, I
> took it to mean 'Always Off-Line' for people who were not interested
> in Internet, but seriously......?

It's a tradition, that AOL users (http://www.aol.com/) had an annoying
habit of quoting an entire message and saying "me too" at the bottom.
So geeks who had long wanted to do the same thing, but knew their
friends would beat no them developped a pseudo-tag <AOL> to poke fun,
but do the same thing.

I've heard rumours that it's appropriate (if you get your hand on one
of these geeks) to tie them down and tickle them until they wet
themselves.

;)

--
"Frankly, trying to turn Windows into a decent educational software
development platform is about as fun as jumping naked into a pit of